Now that the CDC has changed their recommendations we also have updated our policy. If you believe you have been exposed you will no longer have to cancel. If you have a negative test you may come to your appointment. We just ask that you make your choices responsibly as we will also do the same.
Therapist, Practitioner and Staff Commitments and Internal Protocols
Ohana’s Therapists, Practitioners, and staff have committed to meet the standards described in our Office Cleanliness, Sanitation, and Disease Prevention Protocols (outlined in the Standard Precautions section), as well as guide clients through the Enhanced Client Safety Protocols. In addition, we are committed to supporting one another in social distancing and taking additional precautions while at Ohana.We take health and well-being very seriously, this is what we do, and we want to keep everyone safe and well. All of the people you encounter at Ohana will do their best to be of support to you and find the best ways to address your issues or concerns safely.
Standard Precautions to fight Covid and all potential viral transmissions:
Ohana Wellness follows Standard Precautions for the prevention of disease transmission. The CDC defines Standard Precautions as “the minimum infection prevention practices that apply to all patient care, regardless of suspected or confirmed infection status of the patient, in any setting where healthcare is delivered.”
Office Cleanliness, Sanitation, and Disease Prevention Protocols
- Surfaces:All surfaces that may become contaminated will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day and each treatment room will be cleaned and disinfected after each session. An EPA registered disinfectant specific for use against SARS-CoV-2 will be used on all surfaces with required contact time. We have removed all items from the treatment rooms and reception areas that are not able to be cleaned appropriately.
- Treatment Rooms will be cleaned and disinfected after each session. Sufficient time is allowed between sessions to complete this process.
- High Touch Itemsaround the front desk including clipboards, pens, credit card machines, and computers will be sanitized with an alcohol-based product before and after use. Door knobs, light switches and the like will be disinfected frequently during the day.
- Laundry: Our protocol has only changed slightly; all used linens and other items will be washed with detergent and warm water; this is sufficient to kill the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning:Ohana has placed a HEPA Air Sanitizing system with UV lights in each room as recommended to help destroy any airborne disease particles. Fans have been placed in every room for circulation. Ventilation has been increased in treatment rooms and the reception area when the weather allows, we will open the windows.
- Hand washing:Our therapists, practitioners, and staff are pros at hand washing and will continue to do so. Washing hands with soap and warm water, thoroughly cleaning all areas of hands and forearms. Scrubbing for 20 seconds or more is the recommended protocol and is suggested for everyone.
- Hand Sanitizer is available throughout the office. Please use sufficient hand sanitizer to completely cover hands, move it around and rub it in until dried. Hand sanitizer is not as effective as hand washing. Hand sanitizer will not be effective on greasy or soiled hands, hand washing is suggested.
- Face Masks:Are optional for all clients with no judgment of your choice. The therapists will continue to mask during the session.